Tuesday 14 August 2018

Enduring Friendship

Good friends
Old friends
Forever friends

What an awesome 4 days I just had!

 I just spent an extended weekend with my best friend from my school days in Vauxhall, that small prairie town in Southern Alberta with its potholes and prairie oysters. 

We were inseparable back then, June and I, but as life went on and we married and raised families, we didn’t see each other that much. It’s always been that when we did get together it was like no time had passed but none the less, we have not spent that much time together in the past 30+ years.

This weekend we had 4 wonderful days together and we had so much fun. We biked, we hiked, we talked and kayaked, we talked, we wined and dined and we talked some more. We reminisced, discussed and shared. 

We rediscovered what I always knew: we are good friends, old friends and forever friends!

Thanks so much for coming to visit, June. ❤️

1 comment: